Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Oh dear

From an anonymous Art Buyer on Bitter Photographer via Jackanory:

"I wish I too could be honest at my job. When I review a car photographer's portfolio I wish I could say: "wow thanks for showing me this amazing car book that looks like every other photographer's portfolio. You really nailed it. I love the moody skies. How did you think of that? I also love how your trying to sell this piece of crap like it's real art and not just another advertisement for a fucking car."

Please keep up the great postings.

Anonymous Art Buyer"

3 comments:

Darrell Eager said...

Art buyers sometimes forget that they are a big part of that problem.

Anonymous said...

Some of the best photographers my agency ever hired to shoot cars were non-automotive shooters. People who could shoot photojournalism or fashion turned out to do a great job because what they turned in was so unlike all of the other work that looked so CGI/Lord of the Rings/landscape-y.

Anonymous said...

That's really funny! I think it made my day here in gloomy Detroit, where everyone's a car shooter...