Thursday, July 26, 2007

If it doesn't feel like setting money on fire you are not spending enough


I was taking to Evan Hurd (EvanHurd.com) about self-promotion yesterday and it occured to me that you could buy a pretty nice German luxury car for what we spend every year to promote ourselves. But I guess there is nothing more expensive than not working but there has to be a better way. A photographer just bought a house around the corner from me and he doesn't even have a website. Sounds pretty good.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell me about it... I just made my monthly "car payment" a few days ago. The great part is you're never sure if it ends up in the filing cabinet or trash can.

Timothy Archibald said...

This is sounding alot like EP all of a sudden.

Jon-Paul Mountford said...

I'm trying to do it on the cheap. I don't even have ford car money!!

Anonymous said...

Let's just say I have yet to follow suit with the money burning promotion, but I am expecting a 1/1000 ratio of return.... Always coming in with the low ball expectations over here. We'd all be living in my mom's basement crawl space if it wasn't for the kosher guy bringing home the turkey bacon.

Unknown said...

yep, I have spent years trying all sorts of self promotion, some cost bucks and some cost a lunch or two, the bottom line, for me, is to have fun with it, make sure it is an honest representation and we don't take ourselves too seriously, seriously! A great Blog, it inspires me to continue mine, Richard.